Campus Police Log Oct. 6 to Oct. 21

>>Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020

11:18 a.m. The Quadrangle

An officer responded to a report of an unknown individual taking photos in the First Year Quad. The officer did not locate anyone in the area taking photos. 

12:21 p.m. Beneski Earth Science & Natural History Museum

An officer responded to an alarm and found it was set off accidentally by an employee.

>>Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020

1:14 a.m. King Dormitory

Officers responded to an alarm and found no smoke or fire.

5:25 p.m. Webster Circle

An officer took a report of damage to tables, chairs, and a heating unit.

5:31 p.m. Northampton Road

An officer assisted the town police with redirecting traffic due to storm damage.

8:18 p.m. Valentine Residential Hall

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by burnt food.

10:19 p.m. Mayo Smith House

11:11 p.m. College Hall

Officers responded to a report of a bear on campus. The bear was monitored to ensure no one encountered it. The bear later left the area on its own.

>>Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020

2:27 p.m. South Pleasant Street

An officer responded to a report of a transit bus possibly in distress. There were no issues with the bus in that area.

>>Friday, Oct. 9, 2020

2:27 a.m. Tuttle Farm

An officer observed a vehicle parked at the farm that was not registered with the College. The operator did not have any affiliation with the college and left upon the officer’s request.

5:27 p.m. Mead Art Museum

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off accidentally by an employee.

8:26 p.m. Valentine Loading Dock

Officers responded to a report by the Office of Student Affairs of someone selling alcohol to minors.  No one was found in the area upon officers’ arrival.

10:00 p.m. Cohan Dormitory 

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off accidentally by hair products.

10:16 p.m. Northampton Road

An officer assisted an operator with their disabled vehicle.

>>Saturday, Oct. 10, 2020

12:02 a.m. Spring Street Lot

An officer stopped a vehicle traveling in an unsafe manner and notified the town police. The operators were sent on their way.

4:31 a.m. Williston Hall

An officer observed a group of students and an employee violating College COVID-19 policies. The group was sent on their way.

9:45 a.m. Converse Lot

An officer notified the town police of a minor motor vehicle accident with no injuries.

4:44 p.m. South Parking Lot

An officer assisted a motorist with a disabled vehicle.

4:47 p.m. Alumni Gym

An officer stopped a vehicle traveling the wrong way down a one-way road.  The officer issued a warning to the operator.

5:08 p.m. Book and Plow Farm

An officer took a report of swastikas carved into picnic tables. The tables were removed from the area.

11:23 p.m. 197 South Pleasant Street

An officer took a report of an individual attempting to enter a residence hall earlier in the evening. It is unknown if the individual was affiliated with the College.

11:47 p.m. Tuttle Farm

Officers observed an unattended vehicle not affiliated with the College. The operator was contacted and notified to move the vehicle.

>>Sunday, Oct. 11, 2020

12:08 a.m. East Drive

Officers observed several groups of students attempting to enter the wooded area. Each group left the area when officers drove past them.

2:20 a.m. Newport House

Student Affairs staff responded to a report of a party occurring.

11:03 a.m. Campus Grounds

An officer located two tables taken from the classroom and student activities tents.  The tables will be returned.

3:57 p.m. Boltwood Avenue

An officer stopped a vehicle traveling the wrong way down a one way.  The operator was issued a verbal warning to travel in the correct direction.

5:31 p.m. New Science Center 

An officer took a report of a phone that was missing. The phone was later returned to the owner by a friend.

5:40 p.m. New Science Center 

An officer responded to a report of a group attempting to gain access to a building that did not have AC IDs and were not following COVID-19 guidelines. The group left the area prior to the officers’ arrival.

>>Monday, Oct. 12, 2020

1:20 p.m. Alumni House

An individual reported a verbal altercation between two co-workers. The issue was addressed by a supervisor.

3:04 p.m. Campus Grounds

An officer spoke with an individual not affiliated with the College and urinating near one of the buildings. That individual was sent away from campus.

8:27 p.m. Nicholls Biondi Hall

>>Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2020

8:39 p.m. Morris Pratt Dormitory

An individual was directed to move a vehicle they parked in a no parking zone.

>>Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020

9:00 p.m. Seligman Parking Lot

An officer spoke with the operator of an unfamiliar vehicle parked in a lot. The person was found to be an employee.

>>Thursday, Oct. 15, 2020

9:29 a.m. Keefe Campus Center

Officers confiscated alcohol that was intended for an individual under the age of 21. 

10:32 a.m. President’s House

An officer was responding to an alarm when it cleared prior to their arrival.

>>Friday, Oct. 16, 2020

1:49 p.m. Campus Ground

An officer confiscated a fake driver’s license which will be sent to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.

>>Saturday, Oct. 17, 2020

2:26 p.m. Cohan Dormitory

A toilet was accidentally broken. 

4:18 p.m. Seelye House

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off accidentally by a hairdryer.

>>Sunday, Oct. 18, 2020

1:55 a.m. Greenway Building B

Residential Life responded to a report of an unauthorized party.

6:39 p.m. College Street

An officer assisted with a disabled motor vehicle on a town road until the town police arrived.