Mammoth Moments in Miniature: May 2 to May 9

Mammoth Moments in Miniature provides quick updates on notable campus news that has occurred since the last issue. In this week’s edition: The college opens up applications for Orientation Leaders, ACEMS pauses service, and more.

Applications Open for Fall Orientation Leaders

The administration is currently looking for students to welcome the incoming class of 2027 by serving as orientation leaders prior to the start of the fall semester. Leaders receive an 800-dollar stipend, as well as free room and board for the additional period of time they are on campus. Students can apply on Workday until 12 a.m. on May 14.

ACEMS Out of Service for Remainder of Semester

ACEMS will no longer be available for the campus community as of 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9. Service will resume on Thursday, May 25.

Tread Shed Bike Collection Begins Tagging Bikes

The Amherst Tread Shed Bike Collection has begun tagging bikes around campus that are suspected to have been abandoned. Bikes whose tags have remained in place for two weeks will be collected and held for six months before their distribution. Students whose bikes are collected by accident can contact the Tread Shead through the link in the Daily Mammoth.

Greenways to be Closed over the Summer

The college announced on April 26 that the Greenways would be closed over the summer due to construction projects related to the Climate Action Plan. As a result, most students residing on campus over the summer will not have access to central cooling. Students without accommodations will be unable to install their own air conditioners.