Police Log: April 27 - May 9

>>April 27, 2021 

12:07 a.m. Morris Pratt 

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off by a candle. Two candles were confiscated.

>> April 30, 2021 

9:07 a.m. Seelye 

Residential Life staff addressed an unauthorized party with individuals under the age of 21 in possession of alcohol. 

>>April 30, 2021 

10:31 p.m. Greenway Tent 

Campus Safety Ambassadors (CSAs), Community Service Officers (CSOs) and Residential Life staff responded to a report of a large group gathered with music and Covid violations. The group was dispersed. Officers staged in the area in case their assistance was needed. 

>>May 1, 2021 

2:06 p.m. President’s House 

Officers responded to an alarm and found no unauthorized entry to cause the alarm. 

>>May 2, 2021 

12:12 a.m. Mayo Smith Lot 

An officer and Residential Life staff responded to someone yelling due to a possible fight. The group dispersed upon the officers’ arrival. 

5:08 a.m. Seelye House 

Residential Life staff confiscated items not permitted in the residence halls. The items were placed in storage. 

10:28 a.m. Keefe Campus Center 

An officer responded to a call on the emergency line where no one answered the dispatcher. No one was found in distress. 

1:08 p.m. Campus Grounds 

An officer took a report of a minor motor vehicle accident with no injuries. 

>>May 3, 2021

2:12 a.m. Off Campus Location 

An individual requested assistance in locating a friend missing from Mount Holyoke College. The individual was not located on the Amherst College campus. 

2:45 p.m. 40 Dickinson Street Lot 

An officer responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident with no injuries. 

2:14 p.m. Stump Dump 

An officer responded to a report of a charred log near the woods. There were no approved fires in the area where the log was found. 

>>May 4, 2021 

5:23 a.m. East Drive 

An officer assisted a motorist with a broken down vehicle. 

>>May 5, 2021 

6:50 a.m. Clark and Cooper House 

An officer responded to a report of an individual looking into the windows of closed buildings. The individual was found and stated they were waiting for the dining hall to open. 

10:19 p.m. Wieland 

A CSA and an officer responded to a report of a group gathering under a tent. There were no issues found in the area. 

May 7, 2021 6:08 a.m. Clark House 

An officer responded to a report of concern for an individual sitting outside a closed building. The individual was no longer there upon the officer’s arrival. They were later found in another location and did not want any services at that time. 

6:17 a.m. East Drive 

An officer took a report of trees ripped out of the ground and a sign broken off of a pole. 

7:58 p.m. Boltwood Ave 

An officer spoke with an individual traveling the wrong way down a one-way street. 

8:51 p.m. Northampton Rd 

An officer assisted an individual with a flat tire by protecting them from traffic. 

10:18 p.m. Campus Center Loading Dock 

An officer responded to a report of a vehicle that was blocked into its spot due to other vehicles parked around it. 

11:08 p.m. Keefe Campus Center 

A CSO responded to a request for assistance returning some items. 

11:54 p.m. Campus Grounds 

An officer spoke with a group that had an unauthorized bonfire. The fire was extinguished and the group left the area. 

>>May 8, 2021 

12:35 a.m. Kirby Drive

An officer spoke with a group that was driving a golf cart without authorization. The cart was returned and there were no other issues. 

1:01 a.m. Pratt Field 

An officer observed a group gathered on the field. The group left when they saw the officer. 

11:14 p.m. Hitchcock Lot A 

A CSA, a CSO and officers responded to a report of a group gathered with Covid violations and loud music. The group dispersed upon the CSO’s request. 

>> May 9, 2021 

12:00 a.m. Charles Drew 

Officers responded to an alarm and found no smoke or fire. A candle was confiscated, because it is prohibited for use in the residence halls.

12:38 a.m. Valentine Quad 

A CSO responded to a report of loud music. The group dispersed upon request. 

1:30 a.m. Greenway B 

Residential Life staff responded to a noise complaint. 

6:05 a.m. Mead Art Museum 

Officers responded to a report of individuals on the roof of a building. The officers assisted the three off of the roof.