Police Log: March 29-April 12

>>April 2, 2021

8:44 a.m., Mead Art Museum

An officer took a report of a rolling cart found on a rooftop. There were no other issues found.

4:31 p.m., Fayerweather Lot Road

An officer responded to a report of a car door striking the door of another car.

4:48 p.m., Off-Campus Locations

An officer responded to a report of four individuals smoking inside the fence of Amherst Farmers Supply. The group left upon the officers’ arrival.

>>April 3, 2021

9:35 p.m., Garmin Lot

Residential Life staff requested assistance with a parking concern. Several individuals were notified to register their vehicle and move it to South Lot.

>>April 4, 2021

12:39 a.m., Mead Drive

An officer responded to a request from Residential Life staff to assist with individuals not affiliated with the college and that one may have entered a residence hall.

2:10 p.m., The Quadrangle

An officer responded to a report of a group walking across a strap approximately 3 to 4 feet off of the ground.

4:06 p.m., Keefe Campus Center

An officer assisted a student with an event.

5:25 p.m., Quadrangle Quad

An officer observed that a sign was intentionally broken. 

8:55 p.m., Morris Pratt Dormitory

Officers responded to an alarm and found it was set off accidentally by a candle.

>>April 5, 2021

7:29 a.m., College Street

The town police department was notified of a disabled tractor trailer truck obstructing traffic on town roads.

9:25 a.m., The Quadrangle

An individual was asked to move their vehicle which was obstructing a trash receptacle.

>>April 6, 2021

1:52 a.m., The Quadrangle

A sign was stolen from the area of the Quadrangle.

5:59 a.m., Science Center

An officer took a report of a drawing and writing on a chalkboard that may be seen as offensive.

1:20 p.m., The Cage

A stolen training mannequin was returned to Environmental Health and Safety.

>>April 7, 2021

1:08 a.m., Stearns Hall

A Community Service Officer responded to a report of a Covid violation. The group dispersed upon their arrival.

11:56 p.m., Cohan Dormitory

A CSO and officer responded to a noise complaint and found nothing in the area.

11:41 p.m., Merrill Science Center 

Environmental Health and Safety responded to a report of an animal on a walkway.

2:53 p.m., Campus Grounds 

An officer received a report of unwanted contact/gender harassment. The matter was being addressed by the Office of Student Affairs.

>>April 9, 2021

6:33 p.m., Porter House

Environmental Health and Safety responded to a report of pests in a building.

>>April 10, 2021

4:32 p.m., Campus Grounds

CSAs and an officer responded to a report of an alcohol policy violation and COVID guideline violations.

4:40 p.m., Hitchcock Field

An officer responded to a report of a group violating an alcohol policy. The group was dispersed upon the officer’s arrival.

4:50 p.m., Lipton House

An officer observed two individuals under the age of 21 in possession of alcohol.

5:50 p.m., Athletics Fields 

An officer responded to a report of an alcohol policy violation. The group left without issue.

10:11 p.m., Seelye House

Residential Life staff responded to a report of an unauthorized party. The group was dispersed.

>>April 11, 2021

12:21 a.m., Stearns Hall

Residential Life staff responded to a noise complaint of a group gathered outside a residence hall.

1:21 a.m., Mayo-Smith House

Residential Life staff and Officers responded to a noise complaint. The group left upon seeing the officers.

1:35 a.m., College Street

Officers responded to a group of individuals lying on the road waiting for cars to pass. The group dispersed upon officers’ arrival.

2:25 a.m., PowerHouse

An officer observed two individuals attempting to steal a sign. They left the area upon seeing the officer.

10:25 p.m., South Prospect Street

Town police and ACPD responded to a report of glass breaking in the area. There was no glass found or any other issues in the area.